Laurie Ford is the first woman to become a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in her family. She dedicated over 8 years of experiences helping individuals and families bridge the gap between healing and overcoming generational barriers. Laurie believes we all face challenges; we can either let them become roadblocks, or we can use them to fuel our purpose in life.
Laurie Ford is the CEO of Laurie Ford Counseling and Consulting, PLLC Online Therapy Private Practice. Laurie's mission is to provide therapy for women centered around becoming their authentic selves in the comfort of their own homes. Laurie combines different therapeutic approaches based on her clients presenting concerns, goals, symptoms, and motivation.
Laurie's education and experience includes:
● Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) in Psychology from Shaw University, Raleigh NC
● Master of Science Degree School Counseling from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Greensboro, NC
● State Board of Education Department of Public Instruction Certification (K-12 Grades) in School Counseling.
● Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors in North Carolina ( 13886)
Counseling & Clinical Experience
● School Counselor Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
● Center for Emotional Health, Outpatient Clinical Therapist
● Laurie Ford Counseling and Consulting, PLLC
As a clinician, Laurie has helped numerous clients take back their voice, normalize self-love, identify root causes of behavior, and accomplish goals. Laurie's training and education along with her life experiences have provided her with deep insight and a special ability to connect with others. As a survivor of mental and physical abuse, she has developed a keen awareness and empathetic approach as told by her clients.
Laurie learned to view life through a different lens and she teaches clients how to do the same. She believes therapy is a collaborative process. Laurie is committed to living life on purpose, and strives to help others manifest their desires.
Laurie is ready to partner with you as you begin this journey while taking back your power.
Laurie's Promise To You:
Partnering with me means that you will walk away from this experience feeling limitless, equipped, empowered, and heard. You will have daily access to your therapy toolkit with the tools to knock down those distorted thoughts, create healthy habits, be balanced, and be able to be unapologetically you.